When we think of pumpkins we are often quick to bring our minds to fond memories of pies, lattes and carvings, right? But there’s more to pumpkins than just those things. Pumpkins, especially in a pureed form, are an incredible ingredient that is not to be overlooked.
Pumpkins are actually incredibly good for you. Pureed pumpkin packs a punch of Vitamin A & C, and is high in fibre and potassium and incredibly low calorie. When you can eat and make your heart happy, and stomach happy, you’re onto something sweet.
These “cookies” are the perfect breakfast balance. Not to sweet, not too heavy, and perfectly portable while being packed with nutrients your body will need to get the day started off right.
We love this recipe because it’s not only a good start to your day, but it’s dietary friendly for both gluten free and vegan lifestyles. It’s truly a “one size fits all” morning option.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 packets of stevia (equal to 10-15 stevia drops)
- 1 tsp (or more) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Toppings such as : Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), Dried Cranberries & Dark Chocolate Chips
- Parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Flat bottomed drinking glass
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all of the ingredients (minus the toppings) in a mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, create approx ball shapes and place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a flat-bottomed drinking glass, spray the bottom and press the cookies to flatten slightly, making it's cookie form.
- Top with the chosen toppings, and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool before enjoying!
Maintaining a healthy diet for your kids can be a difficult task.
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn't always come easy. There's roadblocks and temptations and meals that are just too convenient to...
Granola costs a small fortune at the grocery store, yet it's incredibly easy and cost-efficient to make it yourself at home.
Oh. My. Gosh. This dinner. Let. Me. Tell. You.
Shrimp is such a delicious lean protein (meaning you can eat lots of them for...
Making Easter fun for kids by whipping up cool and festive snacks is a great way to brighten up the holiday but parents need to...
Cauliflower "rice" is one of the best things that's ever happened in my diet.
When I go to the grocery store, it can be difficult to change my routine up and buy different ingredients.
Eating a big juicy burger for cheat day can be just the meal you need to kick off a healthy week with your burger craving met.
Summertime is road trip time! I remember munching on apples and granola bars for hours on end when my family went on road trips.
Do you load your short stack up with butter and syrup? Or do you prefer your flapjacks with jam and whipped cream?
It may seem so much easier to just toss a couple boxes of snack bars in your cart at the store, but this recipe will challenge...
Chicken fingers are one of the best foods to satisfy a fast food craving.