The microwave is an amazing kitchen appliance. It can heat up leftovers quickly, help make delicious snacks like popcorn, and so much more. The microwave doesn’t usually get dirty after one use (unless you’re reheating lasagna uncovered, of course), but food splatters and other residues can build up over time. Not to mention, if you wait too long nasty bacteria can grow in there too. This is why cleaning your microwave regularly is of the utmost importance! That said, if you have stuck-on food grime, cleaning the microwave with a little elbow grease isn’t always easy! That’s where this hack comes in. Even if your microwave is filthy this hack is not only going to help clean your microwave easily but quickly too! The best part? There’s barely any scrubbing required!
Check out the easiest way to clean a microwave:
- For this hack, you are going to need white vinegar, water, a glass bowl or glass measuring cup, a wooden skewer or a wooden spoon, and a cloth.
- First, combine equal parts white vinegar and water into a glass bowl (or glass measuring cup). If your microwave is really dirty we highly recommend 1 cup of each.
- Next, insert a wooden spoon or skewer into the bowl. This step ensures that the vinegar and water mixture won’t overheat and accidentally explode.
- Now you’ll want to place the bowl in the microwave and set it for 5-10 minutes. The time will vary depending on the power of your microwave. If you know your microwave is very powerful start with five minutes and vise versa.
- Once the time is up, put on a pair of oven mitts and carefully remove the bowl.
- Finally, wipe the inside of the microwave using a cloth or sponge. Any stuck-on food will now be soft and will wipe away effortlessly.
And there you have it, folks. That’s it, that’s all! So easy and you’ll never want to clean your microwave any other way again!
Ah, the dishwasher, a gift sent from heaven, amirite? Dishwashers have been saving us time and effort for many years but did you...
Dunkin' is renowned for its coffee, tea, and delicious donuts but now the chain is entering a new drink category by offering new...
Over the last few months, Disney has shared some of their most coveted recipes with their fans so you can at least feel like...
Summer is officially in full swing and now you can make the most of it with Shake Shack's new beverages!
Taco Bell is no stranger to innovative and exciting menu items.
National Lasagna Day is quickly approaching (July 29, 2020), and North Italia wants to help you celebrate!
Hostess is known for their yummy treats from cupcakes to Donettes, Twinkies, and so much more.
Fruit is nature's candy as it's naturally sweet and comes in a wide range of varieties offering something for everyone.
If you love savory snacks, odds are you have a bag of chips in your pantry.
Fruits and vegetables are all part of a healthy diet but unfortunately, they don't come with instructions on how to properly store...
Good news Burger King fans, your favorite milkshakes are getting a mini makeover this summer!
Snickers chocolate bars are already delicious as they are. They're filled with nougat, luxurious caramel, crunchy peanuts, and...