Pesto has to be one of the BEST weeknight dinner go-to’s when you need something fast, fresh and delicious. The traditional basil pesto gets a unique twist in this version which uses a favorite green superfood; kale! You’re just 5 minutes and 5 ingredients away from an uber-easy dinner, just toss this vibrant pesto on some cooked pasta or zucchini noodles and you’ve got a healthy winning dinner!
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Food processor
- Rubber spatula
- Place all the ingredients except for the salt and pepper into a large food processor. Pulse on and off for about a minute until fully combined.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.
- If mixture is too clumpy, add more olive oil, about a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.