Pesto has to be one of the BEST weeknight dinner go-to’s when you need something fast, fresh and delicious. The traditional basil pesto gets a unique twist in this version which uses a favorite green superfood; kale! You’re just 5 minutes and 5 ingredients away from an uber-easy dinner, just toss this vibrant pesto on some cooked pasta or zucchini noodles and you’ve got a healthy winning dinner!
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Food processor
- Rubber spatula
- Place all the ingredients except for the salt and pepper into a large food processor. Pulse on and off for about a minute until fully combined.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.
- If mixture is too clumpy, add more olive oil, about a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
Lentils are an amazing way to get protein without having to cook up meat for your meal.
You go to the market and see these big beautiful greens and decide to buy some, with eyes bigger than your refrigerator.
It's pumpkin season!! Are you using the delicious decorative ingredient as much as we are?
Meatless Mondays are not only a new trending idea on social media, but a healthy way to approach finding a balance between meat...
Vegetarian dishes can be boring. It seems that all recipes are made for meat eaters.
Tacos are one of my favorite foods because they’re so versatile that you’re never constrained to just one flavor.
Chips and dip are such an easy go-to snack for entertaining or just preparing a quick and easy snack to munch on.
Adopting a plant based lifestyle does not mean you sacrifice on flavor and big hearty meals.
If you’re in the mood for some good old fashioned comfort food, you’ve come to the right place because this cauliflower...
Portobello mushrooms are taking center stage in many restaurants and home chef's entrees.
Hosting Thanksgiving can be stressful, especially when you hear a vegetarian will be joining you.