We often think about ways to up the health factor of our pizza toppings, but recently, people are taking a long hard look at their za’ and looking for ways to give the crust a makeover as well. Cauliflower crust had its time in the spotlight, but now it’s time to move over and make room for another veggie crust to shine; kale crust. If you want to pack your pizza with as many nutrient-rich veggies as possible, you’re going to love this kale crust recipe.
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs or gluten-free panko
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Food processor
- Baking tray or pizza stone
- Parchment paper
- Rubber spatula
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Add the kale, eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to a food processor fitted with a regular chopping blade blade. Process until the mixture forms a sticky dough ball.
- Remove the dough ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using your hands, press the dough out into a .5 mm thick crust (if mixture is too sticky, oil your hands)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is firm and starts to turn golden brown on the sides.
- Remove from the oven, add pizza toppings of your choice and return to the oven until toppings are cooked and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Brace yourselves because White Castle has unveiled amazing news! White Castle announced that they will soon become the very first...
Cauliflower "rice" is one of the best things that's ever happened in my diet.
This is a crisp and crunchy slaw that is infused with Asian flavors, and a little kick of spice from that oh-so-incredible...
Jackfruit is going to be something you'll hear more and more about this year.
Adopting a plant based lifestyle does not mean you sacrifice on flavor and big hearty meals.
So either you or a someone at your holiday dinner is gluten-intolerant or celiac, and/or perhaps vegan or working towards a...
Be still my beating Italian heart... just kidding, I'm not Italian and you don't have to be either to enjoy this hearty...
As we approach summer, there are so many more fun things to do on the weekend!
When the cold months hit, there's truly nothing more heart and soul warming than a bowl of fruit crumble.
If you’re in the mood for some good old fashioned comfort food, you’ve come to the right place because this cauliflower...
Pesto has to be one of the BEST weeknight dinner go-to’s when you need something fast, fresh and delicious.