We often think about ways to up the health factor of our pizza toppings, but recently, people are taking a long hard look at their za’ and looking for ways to give the crust a makeover as well. Cauliflower crust had its time in the spotlight, but now it’s time to move over and make room for another veggie crust to shine; kale crust. If you want to pack your pizza with as many nutrient-rich veggies as possible, you’re going to love this kale crust recipe.
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs or gluten-free panko
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Food processor
- Baking tray or pizza stone
- Parchment paper
- Rubber spatula
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Add the kale, eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to a food processor fitted with a regular chopping blade blade. Process until the mixture forms a sticky dough ball.
- Remove the dough ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using your hands, press the dough out into a .5 mm thick crust (if mixture is too sticky, oil your hands)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is firm and starts to turn golden brown on the sides.
- Remove from the oven, add pizza toppings of your choice and return to the oven until toppings are cooked and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
It's pumpkin season!! Are you using the delicious decorative ingredient as much as we are?
When choosing a side dish carb, many are making the switch from white potato to sweet potato for their dinners.
Adopting a plant based lifestyle does not mean you sacrifice on flavor and big hearty meals.
Be still my beating Italian heart... just kidding, I'm not Italian and you don't have to be either to enjoy this hearty...
You go to the market and see these big beautiful greens and decide to buy some, with eyes bigger than your refrigerator.
When the cold months hit, there's truly nothing more heart and soul warming than a bowl of fruit crumble.
If you’re in the mood for some good old fashioned comfort food, you’ve come to the right place because this cauliflower...
Pesto has to be one of the BEST weeknight dinner go-to’s when you need something fast, fresh and delicious.
Not all jerky has to come from something that walks on four legs… vegetable jerky is an awesome idea for vegans and...
Tacos are one of my favorite foods because they’re so versatile that you’re never constrained to just one flavor.
Vegetarian dishes can be boring. It seems that all recipes are made for meat eaters.