Ube is everywhere these days and you can find this Filipino staple in just about everything from breads and cakes to your favorite breakfast foods! Not only is it a unique flavor but anything touched by ube turns into a purple masterpiece, which is especially fun for kids. Try making these amazing ube pancakes and bring some fun to your breakfast table.
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup frozen grated ube, cooked and mashed
- ½ teaspoon ube essence
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Non-stick fry pan or electric griddle
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- In the mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda and stir to combine. Then add egg, milk, ube essence, ube and melted coconut oil and stir until just smooth.
- Heat up the fry pan or griddle to medium-high. Melt a small amount of coconut oil in the pan once hot and spoon in desired portion of batter.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubble appear on surface of the pancake. Flip, and continue cooking for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with a pat of butter and honey or maple syrup.
Do you load your short stack up with butter and syrup? Or do you prefer your flapjacks with jam and whipped cream?
Pancakes are such a popular breakfast option for families because it’s SO fun to make creative shapes and designs with...
I know what you're thinking....Pancakes, healthy? Two ingredients? How? What? Where? When? Why?
Getting your little ones to eat breakfast in the morning can be a real challenge!
Pancake breakfasts are a weekly event in my house. It's the perfect way to bring us all together on a Sunday morning, while I flip...
A while back we discovered that pancakes didn't require what we once thought was a pancake's main ingredient - flour.
In the hustle and bustle of the mornings when you are trying to get your kids out the door, it is important to ensure they have a...
Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can also become the most uninspiring meal when you have limited time to...
When it comes to a perfect family breakfast or brunch, pancakes rank pretty high on the popularity scale.
Starting a new diet or following through with your diet can seem hard but really, it's all about the planning.
For an Easter brunch that will put a hip-hop in your step, feast your eyes on these delectable, egg-inspired dishes—including...