Ube is everywhere these days and you can find this Filipino staple in just about everything from breads and cakes to your favorite breakfast foods! Not only is it a unique flavor but anything touched by ube turns into a purple masterpiece, which is especially fun for kids. Try making these amazing ube pancakes and bring some fun to your breakfast table.
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup frozen grated ube, cooked and mashed
- ½ teaspoon ube essence
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Non-stick fry pan or electric griddle
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- In the mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda and stir to combine. Then add egg, milk, ube essence, ube and melted coconut oil and stir until just smooth.
- Heat up the fry pan or griddle to medium-high. Melt a small amount of coconut oil in the pan once hot and spoon in desired portion of batter.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubble appear on surface of the pancake. Flip, and continue cooking for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with a pat of butter and honey or maple syrup.
Do you load your short stack up with butter and syrup? Or do you prefer your flapjacks with jam and whipped cream?
I know what you're thinking....Pancakes, healthy? Two ingredients? How? What? Where? When? Why?
Freshly baked muffins in the house are not only a welcome delicious treat, but also practical in a busy lifestyle.
Getting your little ones to eat breakfast in the morning can be a real challenge!
A while back we discovered that pancakes didn't require what we once thought was a pancake's main ingredient - flour.
Pancake breakfasts are a weekly event in my house. It's the perfect way to bring us all together on a Sunday morning, while I flip...
Starting a new diet or following through with your diet can seem hard but really, it's all about the planning.
For an Easter brunch that will put a hip-hop in your step, feast your eyes on these delectable, egg-inspired dishes—including...
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
If you're following the Keto diet, there's one sort-of holiday that can be extra depressing and is none other than Pancake...
Buckle up, friends. This recipe is over the top, reach for a third one, I can't believe I made these at home delicious.
What's better than breakfast? Brunch! Combining lunch and breakfast is such a brilliant idea and allows us to feast on an array...