Chips and dip are such an easy go-to snack for entertaining or just preparing a quick and easy snack to munch on. If you’re getting tired of the same old salsa, this version which uses watermelon, mango and cucumber is so light and refreshing yet it leaves nothing lacking in the flavor department either. Try making a batch of this fun watermelon salsa the next time you have company coming over and you’re sure to be labeled ‘hostess with the mostess!’
- 3 cups, finely chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely diced (wash your hands after this!)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- The juice of 2 fresh limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chips for serving
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a large serving or mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the remaining seasoning ingredients and toss again until everything is mixed. Taste with a chip and adjust seasoning if necessary.
There's a common misconception that all vegans are healthy when this is actually not the case.
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
As much as I love summer weather, what really makes my heart sing are warm comforting meals!
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!
The best part of every party is undoubtedly the food. If you're not eating good food are you really having a good time?
Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is around the corner. On this holiday, you get a chance to spend it with those you love or to...
Holidays such as Mardi Gras are fun because not only do you get to spend time with friends and family but you get to indulge in...
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
A&W Canada is back at it again and is listening loud and clear to the needs and wants of their customers.