Chips and dip are such an easy go-to snack for entertaining or just preparing a quick and easy snack to munch on. If you’re getting tired of the same old salsa, this version which uses watermelon, mango and cucumber is so light and refreshing yet it leaves nothing lacking in the flavor department either. Try making a batch of this fun watermelon salsa the next time you have company coming over and you’re sure to be labeled ‘hostess with the mostess!’
- 3 cups, finely chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely diced (wash your hands after this!)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- The juice of 2 fresh limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chips for serving
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a large serving or mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the remaining seasoning ingredients and toss again until everything is mixed. Taste with a chip and adjust seasoning if necessary.
When it comes to vegan cuisine is doesn't have to be complicated and difficult.
As much as I love summer weather, what really makes my heart sing are warm comforting meals!
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
The best part of every party is undoubtedly the food. If you're not eating good food are you really having a good time?
Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is around the corner. On this holiday, you get a chance to spend it with those you love or to...
Holidays such as Mardi Gras are fun because not only do you get to spend time with friends and family but you get to indulge in...
Shrove Tuesday is when pancakes are traditionally eaten, also known as Pancake Tuesday!
A&W Canada is back at it again and is listening loud and clear to the needs and wants of their customers.
The thing about root vegetables is that they often take a lot of time to cook, especially in the oven.