Chips and dip are such an easy go-to snack for entertaining or just preparing a quick and easy snack to munch on. If you’re getting tired of the same old salsa, this version which uses watermelon, mango and cucumber is so light and refreshing yet it leaves nothing lacking in the flavor department either. Try making a batch of this fun watermelon salsa the next time you have company coming over and you’re sure to be labeled ‘hostess with the mostess!’
- 3 cups, finely chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely diced (wash your hands after this!)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- The juice of 2 fresh limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chips for serving
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a large serving or mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the remaining seasoning ingredients and toss again until everything is mixed. Taste with a chip and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Buddha bowls were not even in our vocabulary let alone on menus and meal plans a few years back.
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
A&W Canada is back at it again and is listening loud and clear to the needs and wants of their customers.
When you follow a restrictive diet, the hardest part about any holiday can be the food options.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
While I love root veggies, they can take a long time to cook. Plus, my oven lets off a lot of heat, making me hesitant to use it...
Corn on the Cob is almost in season in our area, but it's already available in grocery stores and is the perfect summer side dish!
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
The news everyone has been waiting for is finally here. On September 26, 2019, McDonald's announced they have begun a partnership...
The 77th annual Golden Globes took place last night, Sunday, January 5th, 2020 and while many had their eyes fixed on the...