Chips and dip are such an easy go-to snack for entertaining or just preparing a quick and easy snack to munch on. If you’re getting tired of the same old salsa, this version which uses watermelon, mango and cucumber is so light and refreshing yet it leaves nothing lacking in the flavor department either. Try making a batch of this fun watermelon salsa the next time you have company coming over and you’re sure to be labeled ‘hostess with the mostess!’
- 3 cups, finely chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely diced (wash your hands after this!)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- The juice of 2 fresh limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chips for serving
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a large serving or mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the remaining seasoning ingredients and toss again until everything is mixed. Taste with a chip and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Making a lunch for a day trip or for work can be a little repetitive, and can also result in eating last night's supper cold.
There's just something about the refreshing taste of a pickle. Often served as an appetizer or a lunch side, they're most likely...
Eating a plant-based diet isn't for everyone, but for me - I love it! So in our home, I'm vegan and everyone else...is not.
Vegan or not, this recipe is one for the whole family (trust us). It's so incredibly fun to prepare thanks to the ease of a sheet...
So curiosity has hit its peak, and maybe you've decided that you just might try that vegan diet, but...
An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot.
Who doesn't love a rich, chocolatey, gooey brownie?! They're delicious and comforting and great with a bowl of vegan ice cream.
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...
When choosing a side dish carb, many are making the switch from white potato to sweet potato for their dinners.
Tasty treats are just one of the highlights of Easter. Finding the perfect treat and accommodating a variety of diets such as a...
Introducing oat milk! The newest (and in my opinion, the best) addition to the world of non-dairy milk.
Following a Vegan diet encourages you to be more adventurous in the food department.