Just because you’re gluten-free doesn’t mean you can’t partake in the occasional doughnut, and making your own gluten-free doughnuts at home is surprisingly easy, especially if you have a doughnut pan! To make these doughnuts extra special, they’re made of rainbow funfetti batter and double glazed before they get a generous shower of sprinkles.
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup funfetti sprinkles
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Food coloring (optional)
- Doughnut pan
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Medium saucepan
- Cooling rack
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and spray a doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the doughnuts, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda nutmeg and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a second bowl, mix milk, yogurt and egg together and add melted butter and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined but do not overmix. Fold in the funfetti sprinkles and spoon batter into the greased doughnut pan, filling about ⅔ of the way up.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make glaze, combine all the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook on low heat until smooth. If desired, add a few drops of food color for a colored glaze.
- Remove glaze from heat and one by one, dunk the cooled doughnuts into the glaze and return to cooling rack, dunk each doughnut twice and then shower with sprinkles.
- Allow glaze to set (or don’t) and devour right away.
It's no surprise that chicken breast is such a popular dinner choice for so many families.
Baking with all-purpose flour is one of the easiest and accessible types of flours to purchase.
We all experience it - the need for a boost in energy. Coffee definitely comes in hand, but what if there's a way to incorporate...
When on a Ketogenic diet (aka: Keto) you will learn real fast, that eggs are your new best friend.
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
By now I think it is fair to say almost everyone knows what it means to be gluten-free.
For many, cheese is one of the hardest foods to give up when you adopt a vegan diet, no matter the reason you've decided to cut...
Quinoa seemed like it would be just a fad health food trend, but the reality is - quinoa is a superfood, and it's here to stay!!
Does anyone else have horrible allergies? The kind that makes your nose simultaneously stuffed up and dripping, your eyes watery...
It's officially summer and that means it's grilling season! Unfortunately, not everybody has a barbeque.
Whether you’re the one cooking or the one consuming, there is nothing that can top a one pan tray dinner.
With gluten-free diets on the rise recipes that are gluten-free are gaining popularity.