Just because you’re gluten-free doesn’t mean you can’t partake in the occasional doughnut, and making your own gluten-free doughnuts at home is surprisingly easy, especially if you have a doughnut pan! To make these doughnuts extra special, they’re made of rainbow funfetti batter and double glazed before they get a generous shower of sprinkles.
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup funfetti sprinkles
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Food coloring (optional)
- Doughnut pan
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Medium saucepan
- Cooling rack
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and spray a doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the doughnuts, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda nutmeg and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a second bowl, mix milk, yogurt and egg together and add melted butter and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined but do not overmix. Fold in the funfetti sprinkles and spoon batter into the greased doughnut pan, filling about ⅔ of the way up.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make glaze, combine all the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook on low heat until smooth. If desired, add a few drops of food color for a colored glaze.
- Remove glaze from heat and one by one, dunk the cooled doughnuts into the glaze and return to cooling rack, dunk each doughnut twice and then shower with sprinkles.
- Allow glaze to set (or don’t) and devour right away.
We get it, carbs are the "bad guys". Giving them up is HARD. Especially when you sacrifice your favorite foods, like sushi!
A gluten-free diet is becoming more popular as the years pass. For some, it's a choice because they simply feel better when they...
Looking for a new way to serve up an easy, yet impressive appetizer for your next meal or potluck?
If you're looking for new ways to get creative with your Instant Pot, try starting off with recipes that don't require a lot of...
The Whole30 Diet has been raved about for several years now, beginning in 2009 and creating a large bandwagon following.
When it comes to slow cookers, we tend to have a few fall back recipes that we use over and over, and it takes a powerful new...
Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch.
Remember when you first discovered garlic bread, and it felt like there could be no better way to enjoy bread than to have it be...
Jambalaya is a family favorite to many, regardless of whether or not you have roots in New Orleans!
Gummy bears + wine. To know them is to love them - and to make them at home is something you might not realize is as easy as it...
With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of...
Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life?