The holidays are right around the corner and you know what that means…parties! And parties usually mean drinks… fun, festive drinks! What could possibly be more festive than the bright color and refreshing flavor of cranberries? This cranberry gin fizz cocktail takes a little bit of prep to make the cranberry syrup but trust me, it’s all worth the effort. This beauty bevvie comes together to combine the tart taste of cranberries with a kick of citrus from fresh lemons and oranges and of course an adults-only kick from a healthy splash of gin.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 c fresh whole cranberries
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 8 oz your favorite gin
- 10 oz ginger ale
- Fresh cranberries and mint sprigs for garnish
- Medium saucepan
- Cocktail shaker
- 4 glasses
- Large pitcher
- Medium pitcher
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved, reduce heat to medium and add cranberries to syrup. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cranberries begin to burst.
- Remove syrup from heat and let cool.
- Place 2 tbsp of the syrup-cooked cranberries and 3 oz of cranberry syrup in a large pitcher and add lemon and orange slices.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, mash the fruit in the pitcher. Add gin, stir and allow to steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a medium pitcher.
- Fill four glasses with ice and top up to half with ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour half the cranberry/gin mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Garnish each glass with fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint. Serve.
Thanksgiving is a time for family and friends to come together and share the bounty of the season, and of course to give thanks...
A Christmas cake is the centerpiece of your holiday meal. After you're stuffed with turkey and all the fixings, the only thing...
Not everyone hosts or attends a big Thanksgiving feast and that is okay!
You can't have an epic dinner without delicious side dishes. While the big bird may be the centerpiece of your Thanksgiving meal...
Potlucks are fun for everyone. It's an excellent opportunity for a group of people whether it be family, co-workers or...
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
Christmas has this tendency to sneak up on us each year. It approaches at a fast rate and before we know it the big day has...
Decorating the tree always gets me into the mood for the holidays. As soon as the tree is up I'm in full force Christmas mode.
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
Call me eager but as soon as Halloween is over I'm ready for Christmas!
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.
When the holidays roll around the first order of business is setting up the Christmas tree and decorations.