The holidays are right around the corner and you know what that means…parties! And parties usually mean drinks… fun, festive drinks! What could possibly be more festive than the bright color and refreshing flavor of cranberries? This cranberry gin fizz cocktail takes a little bit of prep to make the cranberry syrup but trust me, it’s all worth the effort. This beauty bevvie comes together to combine the tart taste of cranberries with a kick of citrus from fresh lemons and oranges and of course an adults-only kick from a healthy splash of gin.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 c fresh whole cranberries
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 8 oz your favorite gin
- 10 oz ginger ale
- Fresh cranberries and mint sprigs for garnish
- Medium saucepan
- Cocktail shaker
- 4 glasses
- Large pitcher
- Medium pitcher
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved, reduce heat to medium and add cranberries to syrup. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cranberries begin to burst.
- Remove syrup from heat and let cool.
- Place 2 tbsp of the syrup-cooked cranberries and 3 oz of cranberry syrup in a large pitcher and add lemon and orange slices.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, mash the fruit in the pitcher. Add gin, stir and allow to steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a medium pitcher.
- Fill four glasses with ice and top up to half with ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour half the cranberry/gin mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Garnish each glass with fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint. Serve.
The highlight of every Thanksgiving dinner is the giant turkey. This 14+ pound bird is one massive main dish.
Snacks are crucial for everyone. They keep us full in between meals and quench our cravings.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!
The holiday season seems to creep up on us each year. After all, we're busy gift shopping, grocery shopping and preparing menus...
Looking for Christmas-themed food ideas for the annual office potluck party?
Dessert is and has always been the highlight of any holiday dinner, and this year is no exception.
Do you love drool-worthy casseroles? Then get ready for a true treat!
The Thanksgiving holiday brings families near and far together to enjoy delicious food.
This holiday season, gather around the table and enjoy a delicious meal with those you love.
Apple picking season is upon us so be sure to make the best of this fun fall activity.
Every year families gather around the table, give thanks, and enjoy delicious food on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Crispy bacon is especially enjoyed for breakfast but it has quickly made its way into every meal of the day!