The holidays are right around the corner and you know what that means…parties! And parties usually mean drinks… fun, festive drinks! What could possibly be more festive than the bright color and refreshing flavor of cranberries? This cranberry gin fizz cocktail takes a little bit of prep to make the cranberry syrup but trust me, it’s all worth the effort. This beauty bevvie comes together to combine the tart taste of cranberries with a kick of citrus from fresh lemons and oranges and of course an adults-only kick from a healthy splash of gin.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 c fresh whole cranberries
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 8 oz your favorite gin
- 10 oz ginger ale
- Fresh cranberries and mint sprigs for garnish
- Medium saucepan
- Cocktail shaker
- 4 glasses
- Large pitcher
- Medium pitcher
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved, reduce heat to medium and add cranberries to syrup. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cranberries begin to burst.
- Remove syrup from heat and let cool.
- Place 2 tbsp of the syrup-cooked cranberries and 3 oz of cranberry syrup in a large pitcher and add lemon and orange slices.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, mash the fruit in the pitcher. Add gin, stir and allow to steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a medium pitcher.
- Fill four glasses with ice and top up to half with ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour half the cranberry/gin mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Garnish each glass with fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint. Serve.
Looking for a fun and festive cocktail to serve your guests this holiday season?
When it comes to making mashed potatoes, one word may enter your mind..."tedious".
The holidays are known to be the hardest season of the year in terms of the age-old battle of the bulge.
Looking for Christmas-themed food ideas for the annual office potluck party?
Christmas is coming and with it comes family get-togethers and parties.
With Christmas coming, your children may be invited to bring food for their class Holiday party.
Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade...
I love holidays because it gives everyone a chance to unwind and spend quality time with those you love.
Like many holidays, Thanksgiving is an opportunity to spend quality time with friends and family.
Holidays are the hardest times of the year to stay on track with your diet.
When I made the decision to adopt a plant-based diet I had many comments from friends saying things such as "I wish I could but...
After all the hours and hard work you put into Thanksgiving dinner, it's eaten within half an hour and you're left with a ton of...