If you’re a fan of the classic Vietnamese sandwiches known as a Banh Mi, hold onto your hats because there’s a new way to enjoy all the flavors of a Banh Mi, and it comes in the form of a lip-smacking good burger! We’ve swapped the baguette for a crusty burger bun and topped the succulent chicken and pork patties with all the classic Banh Mi toppings.
- ½ pound ground chicken
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 crusty burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Sliced cucumber
- Grated carrot
- Fresh cilantro
- Pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 4 fried eggs, yolks still runny (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Large skillet or fry pan
- Wide spatula
- Place the ground chicken and pork in a large mixing bowl and add all of the other burger ingredients. Mix to combine but make sure not to over mix. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While burgers are resting make the spicy sauce by combining mayonnaise, sriracha and fish sauce in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside until assembly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of oil once hot.
- Divide the burger mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty. They will be pretty wet but will firm up once cooked.
- Cook patties for about 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through with a nice crust. Remove patties from skillet, give it a quick wipe and then fry your eggs if using.
- To assemble, spread spicy sauce on both the inside bottom and top of each bun. Top each with a patty, fried egg, lettuce leaf, cucumber slices, jalapeno slices, grated carrot and a sprig of fresh cilantro before topping with the bun.
There's something about carbs that truly make my heart sing. Pasta dishes comfort the soul and that's part of what makes them so...
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Chicken wings are a favorite meal for many, whether you're eating out at a restaurant or sitting around the dinner table with your...
One of the hardest things about cooking for little people is trying to plan great meal options the kids in your life will actually...
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.
The season of fall is a favorite for many because it means crisp air, cozy layered clothing, and of course comforting meals.
Ground beef is an inexpensive ingredient. It cooks quickly and it can be incorporated into many different recipes.
When planning a Disney vacation it's important to plan a well thought out itinerary.
Summer is one of the most anticipated seasons of the year! I mean, why wouldn't you love it?
Whether you celebrate Taco Tuesday every week or like to dig into delicious tacos occasionally you have got to try these tasty and...
Committing to the keto diet requires hard work and dedication, especially if you want to remain in ketosis.