If you’re a fan of the classic Vietnamese sandwiches known as a Banh Mi, hold onto your hats because there’s a new way to enjoy all the flavors of a Banh Mi, and it comes in the form of a lip-smacking good burger! We’ve swapped the baguette for a crusty burger bun and topped the succulent chicken and pork patties with all the classic Banh Mi toppings.
- ½ pound ground chicken
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 crusty burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Sliced cucumber
- Grated carrot
- Fresh cilantro
- Pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 4 fried eggs, yolks still runny (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Large skillet or fry pan
- Wide spatula
- Place the ground chicken and pork in a large mixing bowl and add all of the other burger ingredients. Mix to combine but make sure not to over mix. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While burgers are resting make the spicy sauce by combining mayonnaise, sriracha and fish sauce in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside until assembly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of oil once hot.
- Divide the burger mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty. They will be pretty wet but will firm up once cooked.
- Cook patties for about 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through with a nice crust. Remove patties from skillet, give it a quick wipe and then fry your eggs if using.
- To assemble, spread spicy sauce on both the inside bottom and top of each bun. Top each with a patty, fried egg, lettuce leaf, cucumber slices, jalapeno slices, grated carrot and a sprig of fresh cilantro before topping with the bun.
When adopting a new diet it can be hard to follow through unless you have a support system.
The last thing we want to do after a busy day is to spend hours in the kitchen prepping, cooking, and cleaning up dinner.
It's time to say goodbye to boring dinners and replace them with something new and exciting!
Egg rolls are delicious, let's be honest. But they're crazy unhealthy because they're usually deep fried in those little wrappers!
Dealing with picky eaters can be not only frustrating but tiring too. We're here to help you set yourself up for success.
Watching food go to waste is the worst but unfortunately, it happens all too often.
Encouraging your kids to eat more than noodles and sauce can be difficult.
Dealing with picky eaters is never easy. It can be a never-ending battle trying to get them to eat dinner but we're here to put a...
Catering to the ever-changing palates of children can be exhausting. One week they love pasta the next week they hate it!
Summer is one of the most anticipated seasons of the year! I mean, why wouldn't you love it?
Mexican food is my absolute favorite type of cuisine. It's flavorful, quick to make, and a crowd-pleaser at my house!
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...