If you’re a fan of the classic Vietnamese sandwiches known as a Banh Mi, hold onto your hats because there’s a new way to enjoy all the flavors of a Banh Mi, and it comes in the form of a lip-smacking good burger! We’ve swapped the baguette for a crusty burger bun and topped the succulent chicken and pork patties with all the classic Banh Mi toppings.
- ½ pound ground chicken
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 crusty burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Sliced cucumber
- Grated carrot
- Fresh cilantro
- Pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 4 fried eggs, yolks still runny (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Large skillet or fry pan
- Wide spatula
- Place the ground chicken and pork in a large mixing bowl and add all of the other burger ingredients. Mix to combine but make sure not to over mix. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While burgers are resting make the spicy sauce by combining mayonnaise, sriracha and fish sauce in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside until assembly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of oil once hot.
- Divide the burger mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty. They will be pretty wet but will firm up once cooked.
- Cook patties for about 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through with a nice crust. Remove patties from skillet, give it a quick wipe and then fry your eggs if using.
- To assemble, spread spicy sauce on both the inside bottom and top of each bun. Top each with a patty, fried egg, lettuce leaf, cucumber slices, jalapeno slices, grated carrot and a sprig of fresh cilantro before topping with the bun.
Whether you’re the one cooking or the one consuming, there is nothing that can top a one pan tray dinner.
A ketogenic diet is all about ensuring your meals are low carb, high fat and contain moderate protein.
Ribs can be insanely delicious especially when they're cooked low and slow in the oven.
If you're like me, odds are you've jumped onto the Instant Pot bandwagon!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
There is perhaps nothing quite as easy to whip up on a busy weeknight as Hamburger Helper.
Nothing quite compares to a slow roasted, rotisserie chicken, but really, who has the time for that?!
Get ready friends, it's time to enjoy some delicious takeout made at home!
Moms definitely deserve to be spoiled more than one day but when the day all about them comes around we have to make it extra...
Staying on track with your diet during any holiday can be extremely difficult.
Ordering fast food is a great option for when you want to dine in or takeout with friends, for busy weeknights, and for when...
Cooking is half the battle when it comes to busy weeknights. Washing the dishes is the other dreadful task.