If you’re a fan of the classic Vietnamese sandwiches known as a Banh Mi, hold onto your hats because there’s a new way to enjoy all the flavors of a Banh Mi, and it comes in the form of a lip-smacking good burger! We’ve swapped the baguette for a crusty burger bun and topped the succulent chicken and pork patties with all the classic Banh Mi toppings.
- ½ pound ground chicken
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 crusty burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Sliced cucumber
- Grated carrot
- Fresh cilantro
- Pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 4 fried eggs, yolks still runny (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Large skillet or fry pan
- Wide spatula
- Place the ground chicken and pork in a large mixing bowl and add all of the other burger ingredients. Mix to combine but make sure not to over mix. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While burgers are resting make the spicy sauce by combining mayonnaise, sriracha and fish sauce in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside until assembly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of oil once hot.
- Divide the burger mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty. They will be pretty wet but will firm up once cooked.
- Cook patties for about 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through with a nice crust. Remove patties from skillet, give it a quick wipe and then fry your eggs if using.
- To assemble, spread spicy sauce on both the inside bottom and top of each bun. Top each with a patty, fried egg, lettuce leaf, cucumber slices, jalapeno slices, grated carrot and a sprig of fresh cilantro before topping with the bun.
When you're following the Ketogenic diet, there are just some foods you have to cut out in order to stay within the daily carb...
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
I don't know about you, but chili is a common Sunday dinner in my family.
New Year's Eve is an opportunity to reflect on the previous year. For many, ringing in the new year is a chance to start fresh and...
If you don't have an Instant Pot by now, you're probably sitting there contemplating is it really worth it.
The Instant Pot is a glorious cooking tool. It allows you to cook a wholesome meal incredibly quickly without sacrificing flavors...
Are tender fall off the bone ribs your guilty pleasure? Ribs often take hours to cook but the result is often worth the wait.
When I have a craving for carbs you can bet that I'll be indulging in a delicious bowl of pasta.
If you grew up with a pressure cooker in your household, you may have mainly made rice and soup in it!
Ordering fast food is a great option for when you want to dine in or takeout with friends, for busy weeknights, and for when...
Fall might just be my favorite season. It's the season that is welcome after a well-enjoyed summer.
A ketogenic diet is all about ensuring your meals are low carb, high fat and contain moderate protein.