I love baking sugar cookies with my kids, however – it’s always such a process between all the dough making, the rolling out, cutting, baking, and decorating. To cut out even ONE step of that process is a lifesaver or in this case, a jolly rancher.
By cutting the center of the dough out and placing a jolly rancher in the “window” you create a unique stained glass look to the cookie that’s so stunning you don’t even need to decorate it! They come out of the oven ready to cool and serve.
- 1 batch sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)
- 12 jolly ranchers in pink, red & purple
- Parchment paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Heart shaped cookie cutters (one big one small)
- Preheat your oven to the directions of your sugar cookie dough. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour your surface and roll out your cookie dough to about 1/4 inch thickness, cut out the large heart followed by the smaller heart centre. Remove just the outside heart and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until you've used all your dough.
- Place a jolly rancher into the centre of each cookie and place in the oven. Follow the directions of your cookie dough for bake times, typically 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the edges and the jolly ranchers completely melted.
- Let sit and cool until the candy centre has completely hardened again. Once ready, you can serve immediately or pack in an air-tight container for later serving.
Looking to make this Easter memorable for your kids? We have all the recipes you need to make this holiday season fun and...
Whether refreshing yourself on a hot summer day, or soothing a sore through, one of the best reliefs is an ice cold popsicle.
The most wonderful thing about children is the pure excitement for just about everything!
One of the hardest things about being a parent is trying to figure out great meal ideas your kids will love.
When you dreamed of life with children, you envision beautiful lifestyle with your well-behaved children (not like those screaming...
The last few years has had a growing trend of green smoothies. It's simply an ingenious way to enjoy a sweet, healthy, refreshing...
St. Patrick's Day is over and Easter is just around the corner. There's no better time than now to start planning your cool and...
Cinco de Mayo is a day for everyone to celebrate Mexican pride. This event is also the perfect opportunity to teach your children...
Getting kids to eat healthy food can be so frustrating. It's like you want to scream, "JUST EAT IT!
Being a parent can be super fun, but it also has it's challenges.
Making kids eat can be a struggle already, but add in some eating restrictions and your evening routine just got a whole lot more...
School is out for the summer and I am sure you have a few little ones scurrying around the house looking for things to do.