Ok I’ll admit it. I’m a little leery sometimes when it comes to mixing spicy and sweet, or savory & sweet, or even salty & sweet. But, I’m mature enough to admit when I’m wrong. This recipe had me a little curious to how it would turn out, and what exactly would be so amazing about it – knowing full well that I really just wanted to make a pineapple boat with some food inside. So maybe if it sucked, at least it would be cool to look at?
Well, it was much more than that. In fact, I skipped the chips and just started eating it with a spoon. So. Dang. Good.
A refreshing blend of the pineapple chunks, along with peppers and onion, jalapenos (just enough to give that kick) and some sriracha. While we served ours with tortilla chips, we were quick to realize that it would be SO amazing over grilled chicken breast, grilled tofu (yeah vegans, I got you!), or even some salmon. It’s a perfect summer BBQ vibe we’re all craving right about now.
And did I mention how cool it is to look at? 😉
- 1 whole Pineapple, halved
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced (from 1 half of the fruit!)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & diced *optional
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime juice *optional
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, cut your whole pineapple in half. Set one half aside (or slice it up and eat it for a snack while you make the salsa).
- Cut a "bowl" shape (about 1/2 inch minimum from the pineapple's edges) and scoop out the pineapple fruit. Discard the "core" area, and dice up the rest into small pieces. This should yield you 1 cup of diced pineapple chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all your diced ingredients (pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, onion & jalapeno). Toss, and add in lime juice, salt & pepper, and sriracha sauce.
- Scoop the salsa back into the pineapple "bowl" and serve!
The days are getting shorter, and the leaves are changing color and we are slowly settling into fall weather.
There's just something about the refreshing taste of a pickle. Often served as an appetizer or a lunch side, they're most likely...
A lot of us make a huge effort to make sure the content of our cupboards and kitchens reflect the lifestyle we want to live and...
We all know that eating healthy foods helps you achieve a strong body, right?
Looking for a new way to serve up an easy, yet impressive appetizer for your next meal or potluck?
When preparing meals for our children, we always try to ensure their meals are packed with as many good things as possible.
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can also become the most uninspiring meal when you have limited time to...
A new year, a new you! We hear that phrase all the time as we are all getting ready for the new year ahead.
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.
We know that you probably wouldn't give up your morning coffee—regardless of the health risks.
A kitchen clean out is always necessary at least a few times in a year and it always starts with throwing out sauces and...