A simple chicken parm recipe for even the most inexperienced of chefs. Easily baked all on one sheet pan, this takes minimal effort and energy. It’s kind of the best when you serve a hella impressive dinner and it was actually ridiculously easy, right? With chicken breasts simply dredged and breaded in panko and cheese, smothered in savory marinara and topped with more cheese, it only gets better as it’s served along with roasted broccoli. When you try broccoli made like this, you’ll be mind-blown at how you’ll want to devour them like chips (I’m actually really bad for this, roasting broccoli intended for a meal, and then just standing in the kitchen eating them all and they never make the plate, oops!). Whether you serve it along with a salad, garlic bread, pasta, rice (or the healthier, low-carb cauliflower rice option) you’ll be serving up a dish that will forever keep you from buying frozen pre-made chicken parm ever again!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (we used a gluten-free variety)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Additional salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Sheet pan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk one egg. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together your panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
- One chicken breast at a time, start in the egg bowl, and dredge it to coat. Immediately take it out into the bread crumb mixture and coat evenly. Place it immediately on your sheet pan. Repeat for each chicken breast.
- Next take all your broccoli florets and place around the chicken breast on the pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Use your hands to toss the broccoli to coat completely.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken breast are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven, and top with a spoonful of marinara sauce on each breast, followed by mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes to melt and brown the cheese.