Ube is everywhere these days and you can find this Filipino staple in just about everything from breads and cakes to your favorite breakfast foods! Not only is it a unique flavor but anything touched by ube turns into a purple masterpiece, which is especially fun for kids. Try making these amazing ube pancakes and bring some fun to your breakfast table.
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup frozen grated ube, cooked and mashed
- ½ teaspoon ube essence
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Non-stick fry pan or electric griddle
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- In the mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda and stir to combine. Then add egg, milk, ube essence, ube and melted coconut oil and stir until just smooth.
- Heat up the fry pan or griddle to medium-high. Melt a small amount of coconut oil in the pan once hot and spoon in desired portion of batter.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubble appear on surface of the pancake. Flip, and continue cooking for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with a pat of butter and honey or maple syrup.
Getting your little ones to eat breakfast in the morning can be a real challenge!
Pancakes have always been a popular choice for breakfasts. They're easy to make and they taste delicious, making them the perfect...
Pancakes are such a popular breakfast option for families because it’s SO fun to make creative shapes and designs with...
Freshly baked muffins in the house are not only a welcome delicious treat, but also practical in a busy lifestyle.
A while back we discovered that pancakes didn't require what we once thought was a pancake's main ingredient - flour.
Do you load your short stack up with butter and syrup? Or do you prefer your flapjacks with jam and whipped cream?
No longer does breakfast have to be all sugar and empty carbs. While pancakes can be a bit of a breakfast classic, it really...
Ube (pronounced ooh-beh), also known as purple yam, has been causing quite a stir lately in the social media food world, and...
Breakfast in the morning can be more of a chore than an enjoyable meal when I'm trying to make it to work on time.
My brain has been in "back to school" mode for a while now. It's not my first rodeo, but it's always my biggest struggle (for...
Whether you're off to school for the first time, got a job in a new city or just prefer to live on your own, we all go through...
It's Saturday morning. You wake up, start to make coffee and contemplate what you will make your family for breakfast.