Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls. It forever became the way I made them. Then it hit me the other night, in the middle of the night…that I could use the exact same pizza dough method I used for cinnamon rolls, for ACTUAL PIZZA roll-ups. As mom of 3, I’m constantly facing the struggle of easy-to-make dinners (that make epic next day school lunches) that the kids will actually eat. The fact these take about 5 minutes of prep, and then the rest of the work is just baking them in the oven? Well, that’s even faster than calling a pizza delivery….and MUCH less expensive. Kids will love the pull-apart finger food factor of these, and this recipe also doubles as a great party appetizer option for your next get-together. Only 4 ingredients and one pan. Easy as (pizza) pie.
- Pre-made Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Mini Pepperoni (or meat/veggie of choice!)
- Cooking Spray
- Cast Iron Pan (or any oven safe 8 inch round or square dish)
- Rolling Pin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch and roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface. Using a spoon, spread out some pizza sauce evenly onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch area at the top bare to keep from the sauce rolling out of the dough. Sprinkle the cheese and pepperoni.
- Next, carefully begin rolling the dough upwards. Slice along the roll-up with a sharp knife into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the rolls face up into a pan (sprayed with cooking spray). Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional cheese and pepperoni, and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve right from the dish, or remove from the pan onto a serving platter for a fun pull-apart method of serving up this fun dish!