Chickpeas are an amazing plant-based protein that is easily seasoned and roasted to create an on-the-go healthy snack! The best part is – you can completely customize the flavors, too! From spicy to sweet, to tangy and sour, there’s oh-so many ways to make these. I’m one of those people that likes all the things, and rarely will enjoy just one flavor alone…I need to have options. A perfect solution to that, is to make them 4 different ways, all at once. Using a simple tin-foil hack…you can divide the one pan into 4, then flavor accordingly! We made Tex Mex, Sriracha, Classic S&P, and a Cinnamon & Sugar variety. Stored in mason jars, these are getting eaten by the handful! Easy Chickpeasy!
- 3 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- TEX MEX: 1 tsp each: chili, cumin, 1/2 tsp each: paprika, onion & garlic powder, lime juice
- SRIRACHA: 2-3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- SALT & PEPPER: 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- CINNAMON & SUGAR: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your foil over your sheet pan, with extra length on the ends. Fold up 3 dividing walls/borders, making 4 even sections on the pan.
- Divide your chickpeas evenly into the 4 sections on the pan.
- On the first 3 sections, drizzle olive oil. On the last section, drizzle melted coconut oil.
- Begin seasoning each chickpea flavor individually. For the tex mex - add your chili, cumin, paprika, onion & garlic powder and a squirt of lime juice. For sriracha, simply drizzle over the section. For salt & pepper, sprinkle salt & pepper. For cinnamon & sugar, sprinkle cinnamon & sugar.
- Hand toss each, washing hands between each flavor as to not mix.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. If the chickpeas aren't crisp to your liking yet, continue cooking until they are. Some may pop, this is normal and just means they're extra crunchy!
- Serve immediately, or store in mason jars or ziploc bags for later!