Hallowe’en is a time for spooky, silly, imaginative fun. That doesn’t just mean costumes and candy, either. A quick and easy dinner that goes with the theme is exactly what your littles will want and need before they go barrelling out the door anxious to collect sweets from all the neighbors.
This recipe will have them delighted with a quick and easy dinner made in under 15 minutes!
Let the Hallowe’en hustle out the door begin, with some Mummy Dogs!
- 1 pkg crescent roll dough
- 1 pkg hot dogs (6)
- 12 green olive slices
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Pastry brush
- Parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Sharp knife
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your crescent roll dough, and pinch together the pre-cut lines to make one large sheet of dough.
- With a knife, slice the dough into long strips. Use the strips to wrap the unpackaged hot dogs, leaving a gap for the "face" of the mummy.
- Place sliced olives as the "eyes" of each mummy.
- Brush each mummy with melted butter and bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool slighly before enjoying, with ketchup!!