Chips and dip are such an easy go-to snack for entertaining or just preparing a quick and easy snack to munch on. If you’re getting tired of the same old salsa, this version which uses watermelon, mango and cucumber is so light and refreshing yet it leaves nothing lacking in the flavor department either. Try making a batch of this fun watermelon salsa the next time you have company coming over and you’re sure to be labeled ‘hostess with the mostess!’
- 3 cups, finely chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely diced (wash your hands after this!)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- The juice of 2 fresh limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chips for serving
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a large serving or mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the remaining seasoning ingredients and toss again until everything is mixed. Taste with a chip and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Cauliflower "rice" is one of the best things that's ever happened in my diet.
Not long ago we ventured into swapping cauliflower for rice while trying out the oh-so-popular ketogenic diet (read more about it...
Looking for a meat-free alternative to a classic chicken salad sandwich? We've got it for you.
The days are getting shorter, and the leaves are changing color and we are slowly settling into fall weather.
When I was a kid, fudge was something that so rich and decadent it came around maybe once a year.
Meatless Mondays are not only a new trending idea on social media, but a healthy way to approach finding a balance between meat...
Finding the right protein bar that isn't packed with sugar and additives can be a difficult task.
We've seen hasselback potatoes and chicken, breads and more. It's no wonder that this favorite fall squash side would cook up...
I remember when someone told me their favorite vegetable dish was Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I was not only shocked, but disgusted.
Lentils are an amazing way to get protein without having to cook up meat for your meal.
For starters, we are not trying to claim that this recipe somehow mimics a hard shell crunchy meat taco with all the fillings.
By this point you've probably been hearing that buzzword around your neighborhood, family, social media or workplace - "keto".