While it may be a pure shock to some, it IS possible to have an abundance of miniature sized candy bars just taking up space in your cupboards after Halloween has come and gone. Whip up this easy blondie based pie that kids and adults alike will enjoy. Plus there won’t be any more tempting chocolate bars in your cupboards, if you use them all 😉
- 1 store-bought pie crust, thawed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped assorted candy bars
- + additional candy bars for top of pie
- Hand mixer
- Pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out pie crust dough in a 9" pie pan, and press to fit. Crimp the edges of the crust with your fingers.
- Cream together brown sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt and flour and mix.
- Stir in chopped candy bars, and mix by hand with a spatula.
- Spread mixture into the pie crust, and top with more candy for decoration.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the top of the pie is golden. Cool completely before cutting.
So as a mom of 3 school-aged children you can probably guess that the word "SLIME" has become part of our regular vocabulary.
It's that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more...gory.
Halloween parties are amazingly fun to attend. Many offices host their own Halloween potluck parties where all the staff brings in...
The leaves on the trees are turning colored and the wind now has a brisk edge. This can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming!
When Halloween comes, people are divided into two groups- those that love candy, and those that want to spoil it for the rest of...
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...
Halloween is a great time for children. They get to dress up as superheros, fairy princess, or what ever they like.
It's getting chilly and the leaves are turning colors. That can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming!
Halloween is a great time to go all out with decorations, costumes, and of course food!
Halloween is ripe for tricking. But let’s face it, what everyone really looks forward too are the treats.
If you’re on a diet, Halloween is a scary holiday. Not only is it jam packed with sugary treats all day today, many of those...
In the weeks leading up to my favorite holiday, Halloween, I like to add some spine-tingling fun to the appetizers, entrees, and...