While it may be a pure shock to some, it IS possible to have an abundance of miniature sized candy bars just taking up space in your cupboards after Halloween has come and gone. Whip up this easy blondie based pie that kids and adults alike will enjoy. Plus there won’t be any more tempting chocolate bars in your cupboards, if you use them all 😉
- 1 store-bought pie crust, thawed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped assorted candy bars
- + additional candy bars for top of pie
- Hand mixer
- Pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out pie crust dough in a 9" pie pan, and press to fit. Crimp the edges of the crust with your fingers.
- Cream together brown sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt and flour and mix.
- Stir in chopped candy bars, and mix by hand with a spatula.
- Spread mixture into the pie crust, and top with more candy for decoration.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the top of the pie is golden. Cool completely before cutting.