Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t always come easy. There’s roadblocks and temptations and meals that are just too convenient to pass up when you’re living a busy life. As a mom of 3 with health goals (and a really busy schedule) I’ve come to love and rely on recipes that fit the life I lead. Enter: one pan dinners! With minimal prep (mostly just chopping) you have an entire meal in one pan leaving you extra time to workout, make lunches, get caught up on emails, have a glass of wine (you deserve it!) or whatever else you have going on. Bonus points for the lack of dishes and clean-up required afterwards, too.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 cups green beans
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 4 turkey sausages, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- S&P, to taste (pinch of each)
- Baking Sheet/Pan
- Parchment paper or non-stick foil (if not using a non-stick pan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line your baking sheet, if needed.
- Prep your vegetables, and cut up your sausage.
- Add olive oil, and spices/seasonings and mix until well coated.
- Place all the vegetables and sausage onto your baking sheet, and spread out evening to cook.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, then gently mix/flip/stir everything around to bake evenly. Return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through, and the veggies are tender and crisp on the edges.
- Serve over quinoa or rice, and optionally top with parmesan cheese.