Oh. My. Gosh. This dinner. Let. Me. Tell. You.
Shrimp is such a delicious lean protein (meaning you can eat lots of them for little calories!) and paired with asparagus, it’s a lemon garlic infusion that is soooo amazing. To top it all off, it’s made completely in a sheet pan. No mixing bowls or extra dishes required. With shrimp being such a quick bake, this recipe is made in only 15 minutes. How’s that for time managing your busy weeknights?
- 1 1/2lbs raw shelled shrimp
- 1 bundle asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
- Cooked basmati rice (for serving over)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On your sheet pan, lay out your trimmed asparagus and drizzle and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Bake the asparagus for about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Lay out your raw shrimp on the top area of the pan, above the asparagus. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, then season with salt & pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes and parsley, then toss with your hands to coat everything evenly.
- Place sliced lemon wheels over the shrimp and asparagus, then squeeze half a lemon over it as well.
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 5-6 minutes again, or until the shrimp has turned pink and opaque.
- Serve over basmati rice (or alternatively, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or pasta).