Cauliflower is definitely living in its 15 minutes of fame. Becoming more and more popular in restaurants and in home recipes, it’s now the go-to option when eating low-carb, it would seem.
A popular menu item that we were just dying to create at home, is the whole roasted cauliflower. It’s an amazing addition to the dinner table because this vegetable side is so pretty, it seconds as the centerpiece of your whole meal.
Easily prepared, roasted and served by the slice, the flavors in this are incredible and not to be missed.
If you’re seeking a new side dish option that won’t break the diet bank like mashed potatoes may, this dish is the perfect substitute.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- Oven safe roasting dish (lidded)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower head, and cut the bottom evenly so the cauliflower will sit flat.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the cauliflower, spreading it out evenly so as much surface of the cauliflower as possible is coated in the mustard mixture.
- Cover and roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the dish, and place on a serving platter for slicing and serving. Enjoy!
I have a new favorite food. Couscous. Yes, I know you're probably thinking it's just like quinoa or rice, but let me tell you,...
There's just something about the refreshing taste of a pickle. Often served as an appetizer or a lunch side, they're most likely...
A lot of us make a huge effort to make sure the content of our cupboards and kitchens reflect the lifestyle we want to live and...
We all know that eating healthy foods helps you achieve a strong body, right?
Looking for a new way to serve up an easy, yet impressive appetizer for your next meal or potluck?
When preparing meals for our children, we always try to ensure their meals are packed with as many good things as possible.
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can also become the most uninspiring meal when you have limited time to...
A new year, a new you! We hear that phrase all the time as we are all getting ready for the new year ahead.
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.
We know that you probably wouldn't give up your morning coffee—regardless of the health risks.
A kitchen clean out is always necessary at least a few times in a year and it always starts with throwing out sauces and...