It’s pumpkin season!! Are you using the delicious decorative ingredient as much as we are?
This recipe is for one of the creamiest, most flavorful and amazing alfredo sauces you will ever try…and it’s completely without any cream or dairy whatsoever.
I cannot express enough how insanely delicious this pasta dish is, so I’m simply going to post the recipe with the hopes that you all try it.
We made ours with a brown rice fettuccini making this not only a vegan recipe, but a gluten-free one as well.
When it comes to fall suppers that you’ll be counting down the hours to get home to enjoying – this one tops the list for me this year. I had to force myself to allow there to be leftovers, simply because I wanted the promise of MORE of it to eat the next day. I’m not joking around here, it’s that dreamy.
- 250g Pasta (we used GF brown rice fettuccini)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Oregano or Basil for garnish *optional*
- Stove top frying pan
- Large Pot
- Cook your pasta accordingly.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat your olive oil in a frying pan to a medium-high heat. Add in garlic and cook until it begins to brown. Add in 1 cup of almond milk (reserve the other 1/2 cup), pumpkin puree, salt & pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tablespoon of cornstarch with the other half cup of almond milk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the mixture to the pan, as well as the lemon juice & nutritional yeast.
- Continue to cook until the sauce thickens, then add it to your cooked & strained pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with additional salt and pepper, along with some fresh herbs such as oregano or basil, if you wish!
A while back we discovered that pancakes didn't require what we once thought was a pancake's main ingredient - flour.
We all know that eating healthy foods helps you achieve a strong body, right?
Looking for a new way to serve up an easy, yet impressive appetizer for your next meal or potluck?
Cooking vegetables can be as simple or as complicated as you make it but at the end of the day, you want a delicious dish with the...
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can also become the most uninspiring meal when you have limited time to...
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.
The Whole30 Diet has been raved about for several years now, beginning in 2009 and creating a large bandwagon following.
We know that you probably wouldn't give up your morning coffee—regardless of the health risks.
A kitchen clean out is always necessary at least a few times in a year and it always starts with throwing out sauces and...
It can be particularly hard to eat well at work. We spend the mornings making healthy lunches for our family, and yet we forget to...
Pasta is one of our guilty pleasures that often do not have great health benefits.