The holidays are right around the corner and you know what that means…parties! And parties usually mean drinks… fun, festive drinks! What could possibly be more festive than the bright color and refreshing flavor of cranberries? This cranberry gin fizz cocktail takes a little bit of prep to make the cranberry syrup but trust me, it’s all worth the effort. This beauty bevvie comes together to combine the tart taste of cranberries with a kick of citrus from fresh lemons and oranges and of course an adults-only kick from a healthy splash of gin.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 c fresh whole cranberries
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 8 oz your favorite gin
- 10 oz ginger ale
- Fresh cranberries and mint sprigs for garnish
- Medium saucepan
- Cocktail shaker
- 4 glasses
- Large pitcher
- Medium pitcher
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved, reduce heat to medium and add cranberries to syrup. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cranberries begin to burst.
- Remove syrup from heat and let cool.
- Place 2 tbsp of the syrup-cooked cranberries and 3 oz of cranberry syrup in a large pitcher and add lemon and orange slices.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, mash the fruit in the pitcher. Add gin, stir and allow to steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a medium pitcher.
- Fill four glasses with ice and top up to half with ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour half the cranberry/gin mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Garnish each glass with fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint. Serve.