We tried out this “ice cream bread” thing not only once, but twice! We first made a light and nutty butter pecan ice cream bread, but were dying to try a more coloful and exciting way to enjoy one of our all time favorite ice cream flavors – CAKE BATTER!
With only two ingredients + sprinkles, you can take some melted ice cream, and turn it right into bread.
Seriously! It works!
- 1.5L (or 1.5 quart) Tub of Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- 3 cups Self-rising Flour
- Blue Food Dye
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Bundt Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- If your ice cream isn't already a little melty, let it sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour out your melty ice cream, and add one cup of self-rising flour at a time until it's well blended as a cake batter. Add blue food coloring and extra sprinkles here if you'd like. Set aside.
- Spray your bundt pan with a non-stick cooking spray, and add sprinkles to the bottom (which will be the "top" of your bread when finished).
- Pour batter evenly into the bundt pan, and spread to make it even.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool completely before turning the bundt pan upside-down and gently allowing the bread to come out. Slice and serve, however you please!
Ever come home from the store and unloaded your bags and had the devastating realization that your tub of ice cream was left too...
We all have those cravings we wish we didn't have. When you're sitting at your desk and all you can think about eating for lunch...
Marshmallows are often a symbol of our childhood in the summer. Roasting marshmallows over a bonfire with friends and family, then...
When I was a kid, fudge was something that so rich and decadent it came around maybe once a year.
When we crave chocolate, rarely do our minds first go to white chocolate. Why is that?
When you think of a warm day, what flavors come to mind? Maybe some BBQ flavors like hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled veggies.
Have you offered to bring a dessert to a dinner party or family gathering before and then realized a few hours before the get...
Thanksgiving is coming up and we're preparing our menus. The highlight of the dinner will be the turkey, but the dessert is just...
It's that time of year when we ditch the elegant and cute desserts, for something a little more...gory.
Hummus has forever been a protein-rich dip for your veggies and chips, a spread on your greek wraps and much more.
So another year has passed and your little trick or treaters have come home with a sack full of candy, and right at the bottom is...
Last year, we created these adorable festive Christmas Tree Brownies, and well...the video recipe for them went viral overnight!